Tuesday, April 20, 2010

First timer!

So! Here I go. I have been thinking about starting this thing for quite some time now, and considering many of my favorite people in this life jumped on the bandwagon long ago and I LOVE to see and read what they're up to, I figured it was time to give it a shot! Plus, I have lots of people asking me what I am up to moving from here to there and back again, so it will be good to have some way for people to keep track of me and my shenanigans!

For those of you who enjoy following my older siblings' blogs, this will not be nearly as exciting, since my brother is a talented creative writer, and my sister is a devoted mother to an adorable new baby, both of which I am most definitely not. This will be more of a "little-sister-trying-to-make-sense-of-the-big-bad-world-and-figure-out-what-to-do-with-her-life" type of thing. I hope it keeps someone out there interested and entertained, and if not, then at least my mom will be able to keep tabs on me!

I'll probably throw way too many pictures of my life up here, considering I inherited my mother's paparazzi tendencies and spend over 50% of my time snapping photos of everything going on around me at all times. I will also most likely be including many pictures and blurbs about things I find fun, funny, weird, ugly, exciting, or otherwise interesting. Usually this includes dogs, hikes, dance moves, strange looking sea creatures, my new nephew, travels and/or new food I'm excited about. So be prepared. Here is the first of many:



(This is my nephew, not a sea creature.)

I've called this blog A Squid's Ink because I am a pretty big fan of anything that lives underwater, I dream in squid vision and if this were back in the day I'd be writing all of this in ink. Also, lets be honest- my brother thought of it and pretty much everything he comes up with is genius (except for the dance moves he steals from me). Also on that note... if anyone can find a job for an animated, brunette, late twenty-something male who enjoys Snickers, Subway sandwiches and tight clothing, let me know. Us sibs have to look out for one another.

Anyway, here is some of what I'm up to right now: Hanging out with lots of babies (nanny by day, Auntie by night), hiking with big W whenever possible (Big W, of course, being Worden, my sister's dog), attempting to hone my cooking skills, attempting to retain some of my beer pong skills (on occasion), getting back into scuba diving (with a drysuit- Puget Sound is chilly!), volunteering at a wildlife rehab center, and planning my internship excursion to Cape Town, South Africa in September!

(Oh, and just a philosophical side note for those of you who happen to be post-grads still hoping for a real job someday: It's ok if your plans for grad school get sidetracked by crabby old professors who don't want you until you get some "real-world" experience... just hop on a plane and try another country for a bit o' time. No shame in that!)

So, I'll leave you with this extremely thrilling video of myself and Worden frolicking on the beach at Lincoln Park. Mr. Mustard also makes his debut, but you will have to watch to find out who he is! Oh, the suspense...



That's all the super exciting extra juicy gossip for now, kids (and old folks and everyone in between)! I will ink again soon...

1 comment: